lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Serebrennikov <dmit...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: many analyzers, same index.
Date Sun, 21 Oct 2001 00:00:16 GMT
> The issue is that the set of features for queries on different types of
> contextual units (used to define Lucene documents) will be different.

> An example is that our XML and text documents need fuzzy-matching and porter
> stemming capabilities and on others (created and maintained from metadata on
> objects) we definitely don't want that.

You may want to consider using different fields for the indexed text of these different types
of documents. Then when you query one field you'll know to use one analyzer and when you query
another - use another. Still the same index. This way, you will be explicit about what type
of terms you are trying to find in what type of document. The same query could include expressions
for both fields (you may have to do this in the API in order to analyze query terms for each
of these properly).