lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From srinivasa v <inrisrin...@yahoo.com>
Subject ASCII Extended Chars Problem !!
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 09:35:17 GMT

Hi all,

In Indexing, generally when you index a text file
containing a word say

"Categories"

the index will create a set of files. *.fnm,*.fdt etc.,
If we open the file *.tis we can see the word

"categories"

I mean the file *.tis contains all the indexed words
in their true characters.

when I used the following words

"catègories"

the index files are created but when I opened the *.tis,
it containes

"catègories"

This shows the word is converted during indexing. Then
now we can't able to search the original word. Why it is
happened like this ? What modification is needed to
correct this ? Which Side changes required, I mean in
"Index" side or "Search" side.

with regards
Srini