lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lee Mallabone <...@grantadesign.com>
Subject RE: Context specific summary with the search term
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2001 16:58:54 GMT
On Tue, 2001-10-23 at 17:48, Doug Cutting wrote:
> > This doesn't seem quite as useful as getContext(Hashset queryTerms,
> > Reader originalDocument); which is what I was originally
> > aiming towards.
> to use more generic code, you could
> call such a generic method once for each field of your document, leaving
> field extraction in application-specific code.  Does that make sense?

Okay, I'm now not entirely certain how useful a generic solution will be
to me, given the non-generic nature of the content I'm indexing. I think
there a lot of optomizations I can make that wouldn't be generic.

I'll play around and see what I come up with - if anything turns out to
look sufficiently generic that it might be useful, I'll post it to the
list.

Thanks for your thoughts,

--
Lee Mallabone