lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lee Mallabone <...@grantadesign.com>
Subject RE: Context specific summary with the search term
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:03:58 GMT
On Mon, 2001-10-22 at 17:43, Doug Cutting wrote:
> > I'm trying to implement this and should be able to contribute any
> > succesful results, but I need to produce context on a per-field basis.
>
> How did the title ever get indexed as the title?  Presumably you split the
> document into fields when it was indexed.  Similarly, if you re-tokenize
> things a field at a time then you should always know which field you are in,
> no?

I'm indexing HTML documents marked up with comments to indicate field
boundaries. So I'd typically have:

<!--field:section_title-->
blurb
<!--field:text-->
more blurb

and so on. The documents were indexed by looking for each field marker
and then adding the subsequent lines to the relevant field.

In order to obtain a generic solution for context generation are you
suggesting I write a method that takes plain text, (eg, text form of
document) and a query, and assumes the plain text is in the query's
default field?

This doesn't seem quite as useful as getContext(Hashset queryTerms,
Reader originalDocument); which is what I was originally aiming towards.

Regards,

--
Lee Mallabone