lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anshuman" <am...@verilytics.com>
Subject Re: indexed v. non-indexed fields [was: Indexing part number]
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2001 08:40:25 GMT
Hi !

    Thanks for the reply. Actually the exception was because of more than one process updating
the incremental index, simultaneously. That caused multiple .fnm and segements file and confusion
for the process updating the index.

ASM
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Doug Cutting
  To: 'Anshuman' ; lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2001 8:55 PM
  Subject: re: indexed v. non-indexed fields [was: Indexing part number]

  This is because you have added some documents with "originType" as an
  indexed field, and others with "originType" as an un-indexed field.  Did you
  change this in your code after your index was created?  That is not
  currently permitted.

  As I think about it, I don't think this should be an error.  Please try
  making the following change to index/FieldInfos.java.  Change the definition
  of add(String,boolean) to:

    private void add(String name, boolean isIndexed) {
      FieldInfo fi = fieldInfo(name);
      if (fi == null)
        addInternal(name, isIndexed);
      else if (isIndexed)   // if isIndexed in any seg
        fi.isIndexed = true;   // isIndexed in merged
    }

  That should fix your problem, and I don't think it will cause any others.
  Please send an email to lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org telling whether this
  works.

  Doug