lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "David Bonilla" <da...@bit-bang.com>
Subject newbie questions
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2001 11:27:02 GMT
En blancoI´m trying to implement Lucene in my application but I´m really a newbie.

1) If I want to create a Index in the directory e:\Lucene, must I just do writer = new IndexWriter("E:/Lucene",
null, true); ?

2) How exactly can I create a Index in a database ? Can anybody send a sample ?

3) Talking about the boolean third parameter in IndexWriter if I write writer = new IndexWriter("E:/Lucene",
null, false); and the index dont exist.. is the Index created anyway ?
(I must use it to control if the index is already writed or not)

Thanks a lot !!!
__________________________
David Bonilla Fuertes
THE BIT BANG NETWORK