lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Maik Schreiber" ...@iq-computing.de>
Subject AW: Highlighting terms, new white paper
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 13:26:46 GMT

>However, when I enter a wildcard search ("wo?d" or "woo*" both
>cause the error with my index), I get a NullPointerException
>with this trace:
>
>java.lang.NullPointerException at
>org.apache.lucene.search.MultiTermQuery.getQuery(MultiTermQuery
>.java:131)

I tested by directly creating a WildcardQuery, and it worked okay for
me.

As you can see from the trace, the exception occurs in MultiTermQuery.
As what I can see from the source, it looks like WildcardQuery.setEnum()
has not been called before. I have to admit that I don't know much about
the internals of MultiTermQuery and its subclasses, except for a basic
understanding of what they do (that is, constructing a BooleanQuery).

--
Maik Schreiber
IQ Computing - http://www.iq-computing.de