lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sunil Zanjad" <sun...@bsil.com>
Subject RE: new Lucene release: 1.2 RC2
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2001 17:11:29 GMT

  Hi,

  >Indexes left in an inconsistent state on crash (i don't
  > remember who

  I believe that even I have reported it. This happens on abrupt exit of the
JVM
  To do this I had one thread updating a directory containing many .txt
files and
  I simply exited the program. Later when I ran the search, it didnt give me
the
  desired output. I know the type of testing is for extreme rare event in
event of
  power failure or application crash, etc...
  Is it possible that Lucene would have in future, this kind of rollback
ready ?
  I am surely looking forward to have some feedback on this issue.

  Regards,
  Sunil Zanjad