lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Maik Schreiber" ...@iq-computing.de>
Subject AW: database-based store
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:30:26 GMT

>I'm very interrested to store lucene index in a database.
>Currently, I use it in EJBs and I'd like to replace io access
>by jdbc access. It would be great that the jdbc solution don't
>required a specific database (ie : Oracle or MSsql). So, is
>there a way to have a generic JDBC solution ?

I don't really think so. Since Lucene uses virtual "files" to store its
index, you have to use long binary data types with databases to store
them. It seems like each database uses these data types quite
differently. (Actually, it was quite difficult to write that
OracleDirectory because of Oracle's BLOB implementation.)

--
Maik Schreiber
IQ Computing - http://www.iq-computing.de