lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Maik Schreiber" ...@iq-computing.de>
Subject AW: Highlighting terms, new white paper
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 08:41:44 GMT

>Yes, that's because PrefixQuery, WildcardQuery and
>FuzzyQuery all needs to look through the index to
>construct the enum that lists the terms that matches.
>
>MultiTermQuery comes in after that to convert that
>enum of terms into a BooleanQuery, which happens in
>getQuery(). Thus I don't think null pointer will be
>thrown if getQuery is only called after search().

I will put a revised revision of my white paper on my server regarding
Query objects that use multiple internal Query objects to represent
themselves to the outside world. This will also include RangeQuery which
you didn't mention above.

In addition to this, I've put together a new "Projekte" (=projects) area
on my site so that you can learn about the current white paper's version
more easily.

--
Maik Schreiber
IQ Computing - http://www.iq-computing.de