lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Maik Schreiber" ...@iq-computing.de>
Subject AW: RAMDirectory question
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 01:01:35 GMT

>Is it possible to load the RAMDirectory index from a file
>or another source so as to keep from having to build the
>index from scratch every time the application starts?
>I like having the index in memory, but I don't like having
>to rebuild the index every time I restart the server.

I think this is not possible with the current Lucene implementation yet,
but I wrote a CachingDirectory implementation which is able to cache
Directories from any source Directory. Currently a RAMCachingDirectory
(caches in RAM) and a FSCachingDirectory (caches in local file system)
exist.

I still have to do some tests before I will post them on the developers'
list, though.

--
Maik Schreiber
IQ Computing - http://www.iq-computing.de