lucene-general mailing list archives

From siddharth teotia <siddharthteo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory usage
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2019 15:50:16 GMT
Hi Michael

Thanks a lot for your response. Couple of more questions

(1) During indexing, is there any knob to tell the writer to use off-heap
for buffering. I didn't find anything in the docs so probably the answer is
no. Just confirming..

(2) In my experiments, I have gone upto ingesting 5 million documents into
the lucene index and the number of segments created was 1. The writer was
committed and closed after ingesting all the documents and after that there
is no need for us to index more. So essentially it is an immutable index.
Basically I wanted to find the threshold for creating a new segment. Is
that pretty high? Or if the writer is reopened, then the next set of
documents will go into the next segment and so on? The reason for doing
this is to find the total number of files (per index) that will be opened
during querying. So far since it was a single segment, only that segment's
cfs file was opened.

Thanks
Siddharth