lucene-general mailing list archives

From Bob Carpenter <c...@alias-i.com>
Subject Re: CLOB Hadoop and Solr
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2018 14:05:49 GMT
Me, too.  Can someone fix the unsubscribe mechanism?

Thanks.

> On Mar 8, 2018, at 10:23 PM, john spooner <john.spooner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I keep trying to unsubscribe but I am still getting endless emails.
>

> On 3/8/2018 10:30 AM, Jon Morisi wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm doing some preliminary investigation and am wondering if anyone can provide guidance.
>> I have a lot of CLOB data in an Oracle database.  I also have a Hadoop cluster and
am planning to install Solr (HDP Search).

>> What would be the best way to use Solr for indexing this data?  Sqoop to Hive and
index that?  Dump the clobs as individual txt files and index those?

>> There seem to be a lot of options.  Using the ClobTransformer directly on the Oracle
DB is something I'd like to avoid.  I'd rather move the data to Hadoop and manage my full-text
indexing there.  (I don't want to stress the DB with the indexing).