lucene-general mailing list archives

From wangqinghuan <1095193...@qq.com>
Subject Would docvalues be loaded into jvm?
Date Thu, 15 Jun 2017 02:35:35 GMT
hi
I know that data is written into disk with the style of column-store if I
enable doc-values for certain field.
But I don't understand why sorting with docvalues doesn't increase the load
of jvm. whatever sorting algorithm , data would be loaded into  jvm to sort.
This should be a high load for jvm when I sort all index  , but  no change
for jvm in fact.  How does lucene sort with docvalues ? Can sort algorithm
work directly based on the file (Mmap) ?