lucene-general mailing list archives

From Vibhore Sharma <vibh...@naukri.com>
Subject Re: Resume Search
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2017 07:33:05 GMT
Lucene, not Solr I'd say .

Best
Vibhore

// Luminous beings are we.Not this crude matter.

From: Siva P Thumma
Sent: Friday, 6 January, 12:21
Subject: Re: Resume Search
To: general@lucene.apache.org

Naukri is powered by open source?? Fantastic I am on an iPhone 5s > On 06-Jan-2017, at
10:46 AM, Dikshant Shahi wrote: > > Google for "careerbuilder solr" and you will find
a lot of helpful > resources. If I remember it right, naukri.com is also powered by >
Solr/Lucene. > > Best Regards, > *Dikshant Shahi* > > Author: *Apache Solr:
A Practical Approach to Enterprise Search > * > > > On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 10:45
PM, Xavier Morera > wrote: > >> Solr can do this without a problem. Have seen
it before :) I do think it >> is a very general question though as there are many things
that come into >> play besides just indexing and finding documents. You have to decide
which >> fields you want to search and how important they are. You also have to >>
factor in geographic location and many other details. >> >> Good luck, I am sure
it will be a fun project. Solr is really cool. >> >> Xavier >> >>
-------------------------------------------- >> Sent from a small attention grabbing
screen >> >> >>> On Jan 4, 2017, at 22:42, Kiran Shiveshwar >>
wrote: >>> >>> Hello, >>> >>> We are planning to develop
a job portal similar to dice.com or >> monster.com or naukri.com. >>> >>>
>>> We wanted to know how can Solr help us in >>> >>> >>>
Resume search. We want a very accurate search which searches for >> single/multiple
words or sentences and also Boolean search. >>> >>> >>> Regards
DISCLAIMER
This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the person or the entity
to whom they are addressed and may contain information which is Confidential and Privileged.
Any misuse of the information contained in this email, including but not limited to retransmission
or dissemination of the said information by person or entities other than the intended recipient
is unauthorized and strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
please delete this email and contact the sender immediately.