lucene-general mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feasability
Date Sun, 04 Dec 2016 03:01:02 GMT
On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 12:33 PM, Chris Manu <chrismanu90@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for responding. So, theoretically, I would need to hire someone
> with Apache programing experience to do this correct (given that I know
> nothing about programing)? What type of experience should I look for?

Chris,

In addition to the Solr recommendation that you are hearing (which is a
fine one), you should expand your search to include Elasticsearch.
Elasticsearch is based on Apache software, but is not itself an Apache
project for the overall system.

What you describe (pulling words from one place, finding them in another)
is very doable with Apache software.

In addition to the search function, you should look at the PdfBox project
for extracting data from PDF files. The Apache POI project has software
that will help you get data from excel files.