lucene-general mailing list archives

From maahi333 <maahi...@gmail.com>
Subject Lexical error showing wrong column number.
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2016 10:46:15 GMT
Hi,

I am parsing query and calculating offset at which the query parsing failed.
I am having problem with query having double quotes.

e.g: for query "news \" obama"  here I get below error:
: Lexical error at line 1, column 13. Encountered: <EOF> after : "\" OBAMA"
. Offset which I calculated is 5.

So is it when we enter double quotes in query it considers as the end of
string and gives error at column which is equal to length of the string of
query?.

Another example for query "test123456\"99999900002493524" it will give
lexical error at column 29 but we can see that error offset is 11.