lucene-general mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <erik.hatc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Solr and Tika used to index Panama Papers
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 10:52:02 GMT
Also of note, Blacklight was used for the Solr-based UI - http://projectblacklight.org

And another link about the data analysis process - https://ijnet.org/en/blog/how-icij-pulled-large-scale-cross-border-investigative-collaboration

"Layered on top was the shiny interface, built using Blacklight, another open source development."

> On Apr 6, 2016, at 04:45, Uwe Schindler <uschindler@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I just wanted to repost the following by Chris Mattman on the TIKA list:
>
> If you have been following the news you’ve seen the Panama papers and how the world’s
rich and elite have been storing all their money offshore to hide it. Two of the ASF’s key
technologies were used in uncovering that story and showing the world what was going on: Apache
Tika and Apache Solr.

> Solr was used for making the Terabytes of Panama Papers available to journalists. The
preprocessing of the documents for indexing was done with Tika (maybe through the contrib/extraction
module).