lucene-general mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Update Lucene
Date Mon, 18 Apr 2016 07:19:03 GMT
Hi

Thanks for contacting the Lucene community.
I’m afraid it can be difficult to solely upgrade the lucene and pdfbox libraries, since
the document management system depends on these specific versions and may not handle newer
releases.
You do not tell us why it is that you want to upgrade Lucene, but your best bet is probably
to contact the vendor of your Document mgmt system, perhaps they have an upgrade for you.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 18. apr. 2016 kl. 07.03 skrev Grabenhorst, Maik <maik.grabenhorst@airbus.com>:
>
> Good morning,
>
> in my office we have a document management system that uses the lucene and the pdfbox.
The Version of lucene is 2.0.0, pdfbox is the Version 0.7.3.
> Now I would like lucene update to a newer version, but I can not find sufficient assistance
in the community.
> What do I do best? Taking small steps to update or directly to a current version such
as 5.4.0?
> Is there a description / instructions for Lucene to a newer version to migrate?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Best regards
>

> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
> Maik Grabenhorst
>
>  <tel:+49906718031> <xmpp:g479600@eu.eurocopter.corp>
>
> Military Support Germany - Airbus Group
> ESPZB - IT & Tools
>
> Tel.:         +49 (0) 906 – 71 8031
> Mobil:      +49 (0) 151 – 652 319 08
> e-Mail:     maik.grabenhorst@airbus.com <mailto:maik.grabenhorst@airbus.com>
>
> AIRBUS HELICOPTERS DEUTSCHLAND GmbH
>
> Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered Office: Donauwörth
>
> Registergericht / Registration Court: Amtsgericht Augsburg HRB 16508
>
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates / Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Guillaume Faury
>
> Geschäftsführung / Board of Management: Dr. Wolfgang Schoder, Vorsitzender / CEO; Johannes
Kleidorfer; Dr. Klaus Przemeck; Martin Schübel; Stefan Thomé

> The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or
used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Airbus immediately and delete this
e-mail.
> Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail
as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this
message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
> All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software
but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message
and any attachments are virus free.