lucene-general mailing list archives

From Rahul Kumar <rahul.kuma...@snapdeal.com>
Subject solr 4.7 MultiFields and MultiDocValues slow
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 09:49:22 GMT
Hello everyone,
I am using solr 4.7.2 . I am somewhat new to solr and want to dump solr
indexes to json format. To check for deleted docs I have used
*Bits liveDocs = MultiFields.getLiveDocs(reader);*
I also want to get field Boosts for all documents and for that I have used
*NumericDocValues ndv = MultiDocValues.getNormValues(reader, field.name
<http://field.name/>());*

*The documentation of these methods states that they are both quite
expensive and slow *as they merge individual sub-segment readers. The doc
recommends to write these implementations yourself. Can someone please
explain why will my implementation be fast as I will also have to merge the
segment readers as I want to have the info for all documents. Or Can anyone
suggest an optimal way to implement these methods. Any help is highly
appreciated.
--
Thanks and Regards
Rahul Jha