lucene-general mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@odoko.co.uk>
Subject Re: Lucene roadmap for language analyzers
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 16:41:38 GMT
Nurul,

You can search through JIRA [1] for Lucene issues regarding Ukrainian. I
didn't find anything to suggest anyone is working on it.

What do you need Lucene to do that it currently doesn't? You may well be
able to get away with using another language, or a more generic,
non-language specific analysis for such languages.

As to who to pay - there's no specific set of people - anyone who both
understands Lucene's internals, and understands (or can be helped to
understand) the needs of the Ukrainian language should be able to do the
work.

Upayavira