lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject CfP about Geospatial Track at ApacheCon, Vancouver
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 10:28:07 GMT
Hi Committers, hi Lucene users,

On the next ApacheCon in Vancouver, Canada (May 9 - 13 2016), there will be a track about
geospatial data. The track is organized by Chris Mattmann together with George Percivall of
the OGC (Open Geospatial Consortium). As I am also a member of OGC, they invited me to ask
the Lucene Community to propose talks. Apache Lucene, Solr, and Elasticsearch have great geospatial
features, this would be a good idea to present them. This is especially important because
the current OGC standards are very RDBMS-focused (like filter definitions, services,...),
so we can use the track to talk with OGC representatives to better match OGC standards with
full text search.

I am not sure if I can manage to get to Vancouver, but the others are kindly invited to submit
talks. It is not yet sure if the track will be part of ApacheCon Core or ApacheCon BigData.
I will keep you informed. If you have talk suggestions, please send them to me or Chris Mattmann.
Alternatively, submit them to the Big Data track @ http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-north-america/program/cfp
(and mention geospatial track).

Uwe

-----