lucene-general mailing list archives

From rama44ster <rama44s...@gmail.com>
Subject A question on implementing new operators
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 21:53:39 GMT
Hi all,
I have started trying out lucene for one of my projects and I have a table
where the document has a latitude, longitude associated with it. I would
like to retrieve only those documents whose latitude and longitude fall
inside a bounding box that has two co-ordinates, (x_1, y_1) and (x_2, y_2).

Is there any way, I can implement this in lucene? Is it possible to extend
the parser to understand a new syntax where I can express this in the text
query and have the parser build a query that will contain all the logic
necessary to do this check. Something like IN_BOX(latitude, longitude,
23.00, 26.00, 50.00, 60.00). Here latitude and longitude are two stored
fields and 23,26 and 50,60 are the two co-ordinates for bounding box.

I also checked the spatial package of lucene, but couldn’t find any
pointers.

Thanks,
Prasad.