lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <uschind...@apache.org>
Subject CFP: FOSDEM 2015 - Open Source Search Dev Room
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 12:28:45 GMT
***Please forward this CFP to anyone who may be interested in participating.***

Hi,

Search has evolved to be much more than simply full-text search. We now rely on “search
engines” for a wide variety of functionality:
search as navigation, search as analytics and backend for data visualization and sometimes,
dare we say it, as a data store. The purpose of this dev room is to explore the new world
of open source search engines: their enhanced functionality, new use cases, feature and architectural
deep dives, and the position of search in relation to the wider set of software tools.

We welcome proposals from folks working with or on open source search engines (e.g. Apache
Lucene, Apache Solr, Elasticsearch, Seeks, Sphinx, etc.) or technologies that heavily depend
upon search (e.g.
NoSQL databases, Nutch, Apache Hadoop). We are particularly interested in presentations on
search algorithms, machine learning, real-world implementation/deployment stories and explorations
of the future of search.

Talks should be 30-60 minutes in length, including time for Q&A.

You can submit your talks to us here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/11yLMj9ZlRD1EMU3Knp5y6eO3H5BRK7V38G0OxSfp84A/viewform

Our Call for Papers will close at 23:59 CEST on Monday, December 1, 2014. We cannot guarantee
we will have the opportunity to review submissions made after the deadline, so please submit
early (and often)!

Should you have any questions, you can contact the Dev Room
organizers: opensourcesearch-devroom@lists.fosdem.org

Cheers,
LH on behalf of the Open Source Search Dev Room Program Committee*

* Boaz Leskes, Isabel Drost-Fromm, Leslie Hawthorn, Ted Dunning, Torsten Curdt, Uwe Schindler

-----
Uwe Schindler
uschindler@apache.org
Apache Lucene PMC Member / Committer