lucene-general mailing list archives

From Mark Bennett <mark.benn...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: Master-Slave setup using SolrCloud
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2014 16:28:05 GMT
Hello Sachin,

FYI, at least in my email client, I don't see the embedded graphic (shows a broken image link).
 Not sure if that's on my end, or maybe the mailing list server.

To your question, some clarification please:

* You mentioned moving to SolrCloud, but are you still currently running v3 master/slave,
or is this now a SolrCloud setup?

* Is it possible you're running low on memory?  Could you maybe share the startup switches
(memory, GC, etc)

* A long shot, but I have to ask, where are the indexes being stored?  is this a "normal",
local filesystem, or shard storage, or some type of more exotic storage?  (HDFS, etc)

* Exact version of Solr?

* The NPE's (Null Pointer Exceptions), are those on the master or replicas?  Have you tried
temporarily running with fewer replaces, perhaps just 1, for temp debugging purposes?

Mark

--
Mark Bennett / LucidWorks: Search & Big Data / mark.bennett@lucidworks.com<mailto:mark.bennett@lucidworks.com>
Office: 408-898-4201 / Telecommute: 408-733-0387 / Cell: 408-829-6513

On Oct 1, 2014, at 8:49 AM, Sachin Kale <sachinpkale@gmail.com<mailto:sachinpkale@gmail.com>>