lucene-general mailing list archives

From Juan Pablo Albuja <jpalb...@dustland.com>
Subject Terms Component to Filter by an Additional Field
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 16:55:50 GMT
Hi guys, I have the following needs and I really appreciate if someone can give me a status
if we are going to have in a future a terms component that can accomplish the following:

I need to implement a Solr autosuggest that supports:

1.       Get autosuggestion over multivalued fields

2.       Case - Insensitiveness

3.       Look for content in the middle for example I have the value "Hello World" indexed,
and I need to get that value when the user types "wor"

4.       Filter by an additional field.

I was using the terms component because with it I can satisfy 1 to 3, but for point 4 is not
possible. I also was looking at faceting searches and Ngram.Edge-Ngrams, but the problem with
those approaches is that I need to copy fields over to make them tokenized or apply grams
to those, and I don't want to do that because I have more than 6 fields that needs autosuggest,
my index is big I have more than 400k documents and I don't want to increase the size.
I was trying to Extend the terms component in order to add an additional filter but it uses
TermsEnum that is a vector over an specific field and I couldn't figure out how to filter
it in a really efficient way.

When do we have that functionality on the terms component? Do we have a workaround to do this?

Thanks,

Juan Pablo Albuja
Senior Developer
[file:///C:/Users/mle_000/Desktop/Dustland_signature%20(4).jpg]