lucene-general mailing list archives

From Aurélien MAZOYER <aurelien.mazo...@francelabs.com>
Subject Re: Creating a new core
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2014 09:15:55 GMT
Hello,

Collections and cores are almost the same. In a monoinstance
environnement, collection or core are physical indexes.
But a collection is more like a logical index : in a distributed
environment, a collection is a logical index that is splitted/replicated
in multiple cores (physical indexes) on the different machines for
distribution.

To create a collection in a monoinstance environnement, you must point
to a directory that contains a valid configuration for this core. You
should copy the directory of an existing core, delete the
core.properties file and the data folder and then add it though the Solr
Admin.

P.S. : you'd better to post your question on the solr mailing instead of
the lucene mailing list :-)

Aurélien

Le 21/08/2014 11:04, phiroc@free.fr a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am using SOLR 4.6.0.
>
> Is a SOLR core the same as a 'collection'?
>
> In SOLR Admin, when I create a new core, I get the following message:

> Error CREATEing SolrCore 'core2': Unable to create core: core2 Caused by: Can't find
resource 'solrconfig.xml' in classpath or '/home/solr/solr-4.6.0/example/solr/core2/conf'