lucene-general mailing list archives

From Lee Goddard <lee...@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2014 15:08:37 GMT
Could you recommend a good guide on constructing an index — analyzers,
filters....

I've inherited a set-up that indexes company names. It does a great job
on 1,000 names or so, but when I put in a million or more, it makes no
sense.

My test search is searching 'A & B Household' to target 'A & B
Households' — when I have a million records (of several tens of million
to come), I see the name has an equal score to other names with
different initials.

Is it possible to weight the individual initials as words?

Would you recommend employing a stemmer?

Thanks in anticipation
Lee