lucene-general mailing list archives

From Derek Poh <d...@globalsources.com>
Subject Does solr 4.8.1 support these features?
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 07:00:48 GMT
My company is actively looking at alternative search engine applications
to replace our current Endeca application.

I have no experience and knowledge on Solr and Lucene.
Please bear with me, I would like to find out if the following features
are available on Solr.

1. Aggregate results (rollups).
Eg. Froma list of search result of products (each has field = supplier
id), can the results be aggregated by supplier id with the original
results ordering retain.

2. Filter/Navigator, counts.
List out a field's possible values and their counts fromthe indexed data
and from the return results.
The field's values can be sorted by the values description or by the
values countsin the return results.

Eg. Field "Business Type" belowwith it's possible values and the count
for each value(in bracket). Can the field be return in the result with
it's values sorted either by description or bycounts?
Business Type
Manufacturer (15269)
     Exporter (12493)
     Trading Company (5541)
     Agent (1324)
     Wholesaler (1202)
     Importer (682)
     Buying Office (394)
Distributor (278)
     Other (157)
     Retailer (116)
     Consultant (54)

3. Configureand defined the relevance rankingand matching logic of the
return result.

4. Defined and configure the thesaurus (1-wayor 2-way), stemming and
stop words.

5. Multi-language supportfor Simplified Chinese and Spanish.

6. Scalability.
At present, we are indexing 4million recordsand the number is expected
to increase by more than 10 folds in the near future.

7. Search results debugging. Eg. why record was matchedor why record was
ranked as such.

Derek

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please inform
the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from your computer,
and you must not use, disclose to anyone else or copy this e-mail (including any attachments),
whether in whole or in part.

This e-mail and any reply to it may be monitored for security, legal, regulatory compliance
and/or other appropriate reasons.