lucene-general mailing list archives

From "david.w.smiley@gmail.com" <david.w.smi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: relationships between shapes in Lucene-Spatial
Date Thu, 22 May 2014 13:37:51 GMT
Hi,

Itamar’s comment should be helpful to you.  Try setting a query-time
distErrPct of 0 (exact to the grid), keeping the default index time of
2.5%.  When I dig into problems like this, I often bring up
SpatialSolrSandbox, the “Playground” page, and put in the WKT to generate a
KML that I view in Google Earth.

Note that as of Lucene-spatial v4.7 there is the new SerializedDVStrategy
which, when used in conjunction with the grid, should eliminate any
inexactness introduced by the grid.  See my blog post on this subject:
http://www.opensourceconnections.com/blog/2014/04/11/indexing-polygons-in-lucene-with-accuracy/

~ David Smiley
Freelance Apache Lucene/Solr Search Consultant/Developer
http://www.linkedin.com/in/davidwsmiley