lucene-general mailing list archives

From "david.w.smiley@gmail.com" <david.w.smi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can lucene documents have several thousand attributes each?
Date Wed, 21 May 2014 17:29:36 GMT
Hi Leighton,

I’m assuming you’re suggesting going about it this way instead of using the
Lucene/Solr spatial feature is because it’s not a 2D distance?  Solr
actually supports n-dimensional Euclidean distance calculation with this
function query (aka Valuesource):

dist(2, x,y,z,0,0,0): Euclidean distance between (0,0,0) and (x,y,z) for
each document