lucene-general mailing list archives

From Mark Bennett <mark.benn...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: index files
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 15:43:38 GMT
Hi Sara,

I haven't reviewed the source code, but here are some things that I'd check:

* What is the total size of the index?  If it's very small, perhaps no data is being submitted
(although that doesn't explain the Luke error)
* Carefully compare the index directory in the .java file to the index directory that Luke
is pointing to
* Maybe add some printf statements, to watch as each event takes place, maybe something isn't
happening in the code, but doesn't produce an error either
* Make sure the code does a commit before exiting
* Make sure you writing to a file based index, vs. a RAM index that goes away when the program
exits

--
Mark Bennett / LucidWorks: Search & Big Data / mark.bennett@lucidworks.com
Office: 408-898-4201 / Telecommute: 408-733-0387 / Cell: 408-829-6513