lucene-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mark Bennett <mark.benn...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: relative document path in lucene index
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2014 15:15:00 GMT
Hello again,

Re. Moving the index, when you say:
- moving $regainhome/serchindex/index to /somewhereonthedisk/index
- regain can´t search any longer because of no more index

To me this sounds like “regain” is looking for the index in a particular place.  Perhaps
they have a message board?

Re. bigger question, changing the path names:

Stepping back and looking at the bigger picture, and reading your other comments, I’m guessing
perhaps you are not a programmer?

I was assuming you were a Java programmer when I gave my answers.  Although what you want
to do may be possible in theory, I think it will require some Java coding.

Have you considered looking for a programmer to help with this task?  Or, if you have some
time, perhaps learning to program with Lucene and Solr yourself?

Mark

--
Mark Bennett / LucidWorks: Search & Big Data / mark.bennett@lucidworks.com
Office: 408-898-4201 / Telecommute: 408-733-0387 / Cell: 408-829-6513

On Apr 6, 2014, at 2:37 PM, spok <spok@milkyweb.de> wrote:

> Mark,
> 
> thanks again, here is my answer:
> 
> what I used for this ...
> - regain 2.0.4 - http://regain.sourceforge.net/ - a desktop search engine
> based on lucene
> - luke 3.5.0 - http://code.google.com/p/luke/ - Lucene Index Toolbox
> - carrot2 - 3.8.0 - http://project.carrot2.org/download.html - document
> clustering workbench
> 
> what I tried ...
> - having documents to index at location $doc_home
> - remove index directory
> - reindex documents
> - regain built new index in $regainhome/serchindex/index
> - search with regain - ok
> - using carrot2 document clustering workbench pointing to
> $regainhome/serchindex/index as input - ok
> - 
> - moving $regainhome/serchindex/index to /somewhereonthedisk/index
> - regain can´t search any longer because of no more index
> - starting carrot2 clustering workbench and pointing to
> /somewhereonthedisk/index as input - ok because index contains absolute path
> values to indexed documents
> -
> - using luke one can see that index contains a field with name path_sort and
> value = $doc_home
> - using an editor one can see that files *.fdt and *.tii in
> $regainhome/serchindex/index contain absolut path to $doc_home
> - all path are starting with drive letters c:\......
> - 
> - what I want to get are relative path names of indexed documents in
> relation to index directory, because then index as well as indexed document
> can be anywhere
> - luke website says that there is a way to "reconstruct the original
> document fields, edit them and re-insert to the index " but I didn´t find it
> ...
> -
> - what you mention is a way to do exactly what I´m looking for.
> 
> - "Then have an index-to-index writer to read from indexA, transform the
> data, then write to indexB"
> - and
> - "For item 2, Solr lets you update specific fields in a document.  But in
> the background, it’s actually still doing a full reindex, but for any fields
> you don’t update it copies and reindexes them from the old copy"
> - but - sorry - I´m new as I mentioned - I don´t know how
> - do you perhaps mean this
> "https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Updating+Parts+of+Documents"?
> - and: can this be done for all documents in the index?
> - but in any case I think I need path names without drive letters (with
> fixed positions of $doc_home and lucene index relative to each other
> 
> 
> 
> --
> View this message in context: http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/relative-document-path-in-lucene-index-tp4129096p4129544.html
> Sent from the Lucene - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.


Mime
View raw message