lucene-general mailing list archives

From spok <s...@milkyweb.de>
Subject Re: relative document path in lucene index
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2014 07:38:45 GMT
Mark, thanks for your answer, I´m rather new, so let me explain what I
understood ...

Of course I can use solr within tomcat, move the whole server, and all will
be ok.

But is there a way to generate a lucene file system index at location "a"
for data files at "a1", move index files and data files to a movable
location like CD or USB stick, adapt index files to reflect the new
conditions, and then read the index with carrot2 workbench (to my knowledge
the only carrot2 implementation with Aduna clustering capabilities).

What you propose is to have two lucene installations, and copy the index.
But will this work on a movable file system like USB stick which can have
different device letters?

So please if your explanation is a solution for what I want to do, what
should I read to catch the details? Thanks in advance