lucene-general mailing list archives

From Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org>
Subject [nag] [VOTE] Release PyLucene 4.5.0-2
Date Fri, 18 Oct 2013 02:43:30 GMT

One more PMC vote is needed to finalize this release.
Then, we could wait for Lucene 4.5.1 to happen instead ?

Andi..

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 14:06:45 -0400
From: Steve Rowe <sarowe@gmail.com>
To: general@lucene.apache.org, Andi Vajda <vajda@apache.org>
Cc: pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release PyLucene 4.5.0-2

+1

Having installed setuptools 1.1.6 for the previous RC, I successfully installed JCC and pylucene
and got 0 failures from 'make test'.

One small thing about the installation instructions: I had to run 'make test' as root because
of some permissions issues (since 'make install' was run as root and apparently took ownership
of some files in the unpacked distribution directory) - seems like that shouldn't be necessary.

-----
running build_ext
running install
running bdist_egg
running egg_info
writing lucene.egg-info/PKG-INFO
error: lucene.egg-info/PKG-INFO: Permission denied
make: *** [install-test] Error 1
-----

Steve