lucene-general mailing list archives

From Bastiaan Braams <bjbra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting started, wish to present a bibliographical database to the web
Date Wed, 14 Aug 2013 07:24:24 GMT
Thank you Mark Bennett and Ted Dunning: (a) for the advice to use Solr
rather than Lucene Core and (b) for the advice to use JSON or maybe XML or
CSV. I can transform my data files to JSON format quite easily. With
respect to Solr, indeed I was confused by all the references to its role as
a cloud platform; I had not recognized it as a tool to work with a simple
database that is stored on one's own server. -Bas Braams