lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Marc Loeb" <marc.l...@bluesky-information.com>
Subject Shard and Replicas in Lucene
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2013 19:02:17 GMT
Hi

I have an Lucene.NET implementation with as a prototype that I need to
rework. It seems to me that Lucene.NET is not up to date (last commit
Jan 13) and seems to use Lucene 3.0.3.

My major issue is that I scaling was not considered at design time, but
needs to be done now. Lucene does not support shards and replicas (but
solr can) - at least from my first impression.

My current alternatives for scaling seem to look like this:

-        Move to Solar cloud, abandon the current implementation

-        Create a shard/replica mechanism for Lucene

Any ideas? Thanks!

Marc