lucene-general mailing list archives

From 浩南 <starmar...@live.cn>
Subject question about PhraseQuery
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2013 15:05:43 GMT
hi all:Recently I am using lucene in our project. And I've encountered a problem about the
PhraseQuery.Here is the description about the problem.I have a document :      "A B T C D"I
have a phrase query:  "A B C D"
I build a phrase query and set the slop to 1, and I expect the document not to match the query,
but unfortunately the doc matches the query. I've learn from the web that the slop means the
max step you should move to match the query.And here in the doc: "A B T C D", I think should
move 2 step, 1、first move B 1 step to the right ( after this step B is at T's place) 2、second
move A 1 step to the right (after this step A is at (T and B)'s left)      as the picture
describe the process:

so I think the slop may be 2. but I set the slop to 1, it will also be match, how could this
happen?And what is the SloppyPhraseScorer's algorithm?any answer will be appreciated.