lucene-general mailing list archives

From Renata Vaccaro <ren...@emailtopia.com>
Subject RE: IndexWriter.commit() performance
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 23:31:17 GMT
Thanks.  I need the documents to be searchable as soon as they are
added.  I also need the documents added to survive a machine crash.

Soft commits and NRT gets might work, but from what I've read they are
only available for Solr?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Bennett [mailto:mark.bennett@lucidworks.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 7:07 PM
To: <general@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Re: IndexWriter.commit() performance

Although it's not exactly what you asked (and I don't mean this as a
sarcastic answer), one idea is to not call it directly from your code.
Or use the options that say "commit with N seconds"

This may not be feasible, depending on your requirements, and I'd
certainly respect that.  But, if you're looking at old examples and that
is what's motivating your question, it's good to know about the other
options available.

There's also soft commits and NRT gets, also interesting reading.

--
Mark Bennett / LucidWorks: Search & Big Data /
mark.bennett@lucidworks.com