lucene-general mailing list archives

From Renata Vaccaro <ren...@emailtopia.com>
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 22:50:47 GMT
Hi all,

I'm new to this list and hoping I'm asking this question in the correct
place.  I upgraded lucene from a very, very old version to version
4.2.1.  I'm finding that calling IndexWriter.commit() is much slower
than the previous IndexWriter.close() that I was calling with the old
lucene (that didn't have a commit call).  It's taking 500ms-1s where
previously the close call was taking about 50ms.  I call commit every
time I add a document.  I am creating the IndexWriter as follows:

Directory dir = FSDirectory.open(index);

      Analyzer analyzer = new MsStandardAnalyzer();

      IndexWriterConfig iwc = new IndexWriterConfig(Version.LUCENE_42,
analyzer);

      iwc.setOpenMode(OpenMode.CREATE_OR_APPEND);

      iwc.setRAMBufferSizeMB(256.0);

IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(dir, iwc);

Is there something that I can do to make the commit call faster?