lucene-general mailing list archives

From Artem Lukanin <ice...@mail.ru>
Subject Re: minFuzzyLength in FuzzySuggester behaves differently for English and Russian
Date Thu, 30 May 2013 12:39:51 GMT
BTW, I have to set maxEdits=2 to allow letter transpositions in Russian,
because there will be actually 2 transpositions of 4 bytes representing 2
Russian letters in UTF-8.

The worst case is when one field has both Russian and English letters (or
e.g. numbers), where I have to use minFuzzyLength=6 and maxEdits=2, which
will work only for Russian words of more than 2 letters and for English
words of more than 5 letters!