lucene-general mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Solr 4.1 - how to check replication staistics using wget?
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2013 00:46:17 GMT

: http://${SOLRMASTER}:${SOLRPORT}/solr/replication?command=indexversion
: http://${SOLRSLAVE}:${SOLRPORT}/solr/replication?command=indexversion

: for that purpose. When I check them they give me different numbers
: despite the fact that below urls:
: http://${SOLRMASTER}:${SOLRPORT}/solr/#/collection1/replication
: and
: http://${SOLRSLAVE}:${SOLRPORT}/solr/#/collection1/replication
: show the same index version for master and slave.

I think you are missunderstanding the purpose of the indexversion command
-- what you're describing sounds a lot like the confusion in SOLR-3681
(allthough it's posible i was confused/mistaken in that issue and no one
bothered to correct me) ...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3681?focusedCommentId=13451244&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13451244

What you are looking for to monitor the status of replication is probably
the "details" command...

http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/replication?command=details

(The Admin UI URLs you described as showing the correct version info
for both master nad slave get their info from the details URL)

-Hoss