lucene-general mailing list archives

From "A. Lotfi" <majidna...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Could not load config for solrconfig.xml
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2013 02:27:41 GMT

Hi Hoss,

Thank you for replying to my question,

The solrconfig.xml in the example-DIH in solr download is exactly the same like the links
you posted in your reply, so where is the big difference ?

I think I typed a mistake in my last question, instead of saying db-data-config.xml I said
solrconfig.xml.

but still did not understand where that exception come from.
Your helps will be appreciated.

Abdel.

________________________________
 From: Chris Hostetter <hossman_lucene@fucit.org>
To: "general@lucene.apache.org" <general@lucene.apache.org>; A. Lotfi <majidnakit@yahoo.com>

Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2013 6:00 PM
Subject: Re: Could not load config for solrconfig.xml

1) the email list you want to be using is solr-user@lucene, not
general@lucene

2) there is a big differnece between "solrconfig.xml" (which controls in
general how solr works for managing a "SolrCore"); and the config files
for DIH (which can be used to tell Solr where/how to fetch data to index)
typically called data-config.xml (but you can name them anything you
want).

what you have described below is a data config file for DIH, if you are
trying to use it as a solrconfig.xml file you aren't going to get very
far.

I suggest you take a gandar at the example config set for using DIH with a
database...

https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/branches/branch_4x/solr/example/example-DIH/solr/
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/branches/branch_4x/solr/example/example-DIH/solr/db/conf/
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/branches/branch_4x/solr/example/example-DIH/solr/db/conf/solrconfig.xml?view=markup
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/dev/branches/branch_4x/solr/example/example-DIH/solr/db/conf/db-data-config.xml?view=log

...and keep them in mind while reviewing the DIH docs...

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler

-Hoss