lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Smiley, David W." <dsmi...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: [Announce] Apache Solr 3.6.2 with RankingAlgorithm 1.4.3 available for download now -- includes experimental TimedSerialMergeSchdeduler
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:23:00 GMT
Hi.

Speaking for myself anyway, I am leary of using it without it having
extensive concurrent tests to validate that the NRT tricks your doing
don't have incorrect results.  It would no doubt be very difficult to
develop this test.  And this test would be the kind of tests that runs for
a while and you would stop it after running it overnight or whatever
duration to make one feel comfortable.

~ David

>>> http://elasticsearch-ra.tgels.org