lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Smiley, David W." <dsmi...@mitre.org>
Subject Re: [Announce] Apache Solr 3.6.2 with RankingAlgorithm 1.4.3 available for download now -- includes experimental TimedSerialMergeSchdeduler
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 19:58:13 GMT
Nagendra,

I'm surprised to see you're still promoting your realtime-search based
system given the critical problem that Yonik found:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3816?focusedCommentId=13494815&p
age=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#commen
t-13494815

That is a serious fundamental flaw, I'm sorry to say.  To quote Yonik:
"You'll get incorrect documents back, incorrect facets back, pretty much
any number of random looking bugs because internal docids will be changing
underneath you."   This won't necessarily happen all the time depending on
the timing of the search with respect to concurrent changes, but it can
happen.

~ David Smiley