lucene-general mailing list archives

From "Pearson, Dallas L., III" <Dallas.Pear...@jhuapl.edu>
Subject Questions about Apache Solr
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:15:13 GMT
Greetings,

I am a senior engineer at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory.  You are
receiving this message, because Apache Solr has been identified as a Discovery Metadata technology.

We are conducting market research on behalf of the federal government. We have some targeted
questions about your products/services. In no way should our questions or discussion with
you be construed as the government’s intent to purchase your products/services. You will
not, nor will your competitors, be provided with results of our market research.

•   Can the technology be used in a Secret or TS environment?
•   Has this technology been accredited/approved to operate in any federal agency, and on
what classification network?
•   How much foreign control in this technology?
•   Is technology supported by a US-owned vendor/developer?
•   What common exchange protocols does the technology use?
•   What common standards does the technology use?
•   When was the technology last released, when is next release planned, and what features?
•   Can the technology operate on both dedicated platforms and virtual environments?

Call me if you have questions.

Dallas L. Pearson III
System Security Engineer
Johns Hopkins University/