lucene-general mailing list archives

From crocket <crockabisc...@gmail.com>
Subject How do I best store my IRC log data in lucene indexes?
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 13:03:21 GMT
I have three data I want to store, search, and restore.
It is for logging IRC messages.

NICK
  time=the number of seconds passed since the epoch, 1970-01-01 00:00:00
UTC+0
  network=
  me=0 or 1
  old=
  new=

KICKED
  time=the number of seconds passed since the epoch, 1970-01-01 00:00:00
UTC+0
  network=
  chan=
  msg=
  kicker=
  mynick=

MSG
  time=the number of seconds passed since the epoch, 1970-01-01 00:00:00
UTC+0
  network=
  chan=
  msg=
  me=0 or 1
  nick=

Below are ideas for IRC log search web UI.

[] Main UI : network("", freenode, ...) | channel("", ...) | nick | message
  1) network and channel have dropdown boxes. nick and message are text
boxes.
  2) duration, network, and nick can be applied to every data.
  3) channel and message are applicable to KICKED and MSG.

[] Facets
  1) duration(1day, 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, all) <-- just like google
search tools
  2) ...

[] Category search(categories registered as facets)
  1) network
  2) channel

Is it better to store NICK, KICKED, and MSG in one index directory or to
store them in separate index directories?

Are there other things that I should know or consider?