lucene-general mailing list archives

From Mike Ree <mike.ad...@olytech.net>
Subject Search books specifying proximity of terms within n sentences
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 19:07:09 GMT
Hi everyone, new to the mailing list and had search question I hope to get
some help with. I sent this earlier but cc'ed someone and afraid it might
not have been distributed correctly. So I'm sorry if this is a duplicate.

Question:
I have an index of books, and I want to allow the user the ability to find
terms that are in nearby sentences.

IE:
"TermA NEAR3 TermB" would find all TermA's that are within 3 sentences of
TermB.

Have found ways to find TermA within same sentence as TermB using
SpanNotQuery and SpanNearQuery and adding sentence boundaries to the index,
but I'm not able to find a way to extend this idea out to allow it to cross
a limited number of sentence boundaries.

Only thing I can think of is to use a dynamic field per a sentence and a
new type of query to be able to search across them, but before I do
anything I was hoping to get some feedback.

Thanks,
Mike Ree