lucene-general mailing list archives

From Bissan Audeh <au...@emse.fr>
Subject A fast way to get real docID from large indexes?
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 14:12:14 GMT
Hi,

I'm doing some experiments with Lucene where I run many queries and I keep top 1500  results
of each query. I recently switched to Lucene4.0, but in all cases I find that it takes a lot
of time to get the REAL document id using ScoreDoc and IndexSearcher especially that I have
very large indexes.
Does anyone know a faster way?
It would be more efficient to have the document real name as an attribute of the class ScoreDoc
in addition to its luceneID and its score, because in all cases this information is always
needed to show retrieved documents.

Thank you in advance..

Bissan