lucene-general mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to wildcard
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 21:13:06 GMT
On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 9:44 AM, David Alyea <dalyea@gmail.com> wrote:

> to index:
> <filter class="solr.PorterStemFilterFactory"/>
> <filter class="solr.KStemFilterFactory"/>
> <filter class="solr.EnglishMinimalStemFilterFactory"/>
>
> to query:
> <filter class="solr.SnowballPorterFilterFactory" language="English" />

I don't think its a good idea to use 4 different stemming algorithms
(porter1, kstem, plural at index-time) and porter2 at query-time.
This means you are analyzing terms in a totally different way at index
time than you are at query-time.

Just pick one of them: make your index-time and query-time analysis
the same as a start and I think you will see less surprises.